These delicious little bites were created this morning out of our abundance of strawberries.
Thank you local markets!!! 15 punnets for $8. We have several punnets in the fridge, I hulled 6 punnets and froze them for smoothies and baking and used several punnets for some yummy jam …. and there was still more.
- 250g strawberries, hulled
- 6 medjool dates, seeded
- 1 tbsp tasteless coconut oil/vegan butter
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (unsweetened vanilla almond milk is awesome here!)
- 2 tbsp aquafaba (liquid drained from a can of chick peas)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup wholemeal spelt flour (Straight switch for GF flour here)
- 1/4 cup almond meal (or seed meal for nut free)
- 1.5 tsp GF baking powder
Place dates, strawberries and oil/butter into thermal cooker, and set on 90C, speed 2 for 6 minutes. (Or in a saucepan in a stove top, stir regularly)
Process on speed 4, gradually up to speed 6 for about 15 seconds, or until quite smooth. (Transfer from stove top to blender or processor)
Add in milk and aquafaba and mix again until well combined (Speed 4, 8 seconds).
In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix gently until just combined
Pour into lined muffin tins and place into a preheated moderate oven for about 25 minutes or until they spring back from a gentle touch.
Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes before eating.
These are delicious warm, or cold – they set more and become more ‘cakey’ and less ‘puddingy’ as they cool.
Makes 16 small muffins.