Strawberries are in such delicious abundance in Perth at the moment. So cheap from the markets and loads of berry farms offering huge boxes full to pick yourself … so there’s lots of berry baking to be done!
This is antoher way that we celebrate this amazing little gem that is loaded with antioxidants, fibre and even magnesium and potassium.
Most kids love a bright pink milkshake …. This is just the real version!
- 6-10 ripe strawberries (depending on their size)
- 1/2 medium banana, frozen
- 1 tsp nut or seed butter of choice (we go with sunflower seed butter)
- Half a dozen ice blocks
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use unsweetened vanilla almond)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Optional if you’re a sweet tooth: add a pitted medjool date or a teaspoon of maple syrup
- Optional if you want to bulk up the fibre: 2 tbsp rolled oats
Now the process gets very technical …. blend it all until it is smooth 😉 A high powered blender or bullet type machine is the easiest.
We use fresh strawberries or frozen …. frozen makes it more like a thickshake …. sometime so thick that I can tip it sideways and the straw stays standing!!