These are such a favourite in our home – today we have 7 kids after school who need to be fed, do homework and get out again, dressed and ready for 4 jujitsu classes in under an hour. Simple and filling is required!!
I may have gone slightly overboard in my excitement to see bananas for $1.50/kg at the markets the other day … I came home with 30 of them!!!! Eek … too many even for us, and we eat about 8 a day in this house!
So banana inspired baking it is!
These muffins are super easy to make, they are moist and sweet, lightly sweetened with honey, they freeze well for lunchboxes, and best of all – my little people love them!
See below the recipe for a Coeliac friendlyoption and a nutritionally boosted version too.
- 300g flour (I use like a rye/oat combination or half wholemeal and half white spelt)
- 2tbsp chia seeds (black are great, but white hides better!)
- 2.5 tsp GF baking powder
- 4 tbsp honey/maple syrup
- 4 tbsp melted Nuttelex/Vegan butter/tasteless coconut oil
- 1 large, very ripe bananas
- 10 tbsp milk of choice (I love…
View original post 227 more words