I am a bit of a fan of Nigella Lawson.
Lately I have been enjoying watching the re-runs of her Kitchen series on iview while I do Ellie’s dream-feed.
Usually I can only dream of eating most of the things she cooks, but then the other night I saw her make this meal and was so excited that I could make it with only a few changes that I re-watched the episode and wrote it down after Ellie was back in bed.
It was very well received in our house, despite initial objections from the two fusspots!
- 8 skinless chicken thighs, left whole
- 4 spicy chorizo sausages cut in to bite size pieces (check they meet your allergy requirements as they all have different ingredients)
- 2 large potatoes cut in to bite size pieces
- approx 1 tsp dried oregano, and
- zest of 1 orange, finely grated.
Place all ingredients into baking pan. Make sure they are packed in quite tightly as you want it all to roast in the spicy oils from the chorizo.
Sprinkle with oregano and zest, then place in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for about an hour, or until chicken and potatoes are golden brown. Using tongs, turn the meat and veg after about half an hour to make sure they are evenly covered.
This serves about 6 adults.