I recently made the 2 and a half hour drive from Roxby Downs to Port Augusta. One of the highlights of the trip, for this desert dweller, was being near the water … and therefore fresh seafood, again!!
So I stocked up on some beautiful king prawns, and made my ‘happy salad’ when I got home! So many of my favourite foods in one place 🙂
It is a very quick, super easy and healthy summer meal … I particularly enjoyed mine with half a glass of pear cider 🙂
- 6-8 king prawns, cooked, peeled and cut in to 1 cm lengths
- 1 avocado, cut into small chunks
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp Thousand Island dressing (I used the Praise fat-free one as it’s made with a maize thickener)
- 2 finely chopped mint leaves
- 4 large iceberg lettuce leaves
Mix together the prawns, avocado, orange, mint and dressing, spoon mixture in to the lettuce leaves and then roll. Too easy!
The only way this gets better in my book is when it’s mango season and I can swap the orange for fresh mango!!
This one is best made and eaten straight away. If you leave it too long the lettuce goes soggy and tends to tear.