These rich, earthy muffins are a standard in our freezer – today we have to feed the hordes after school so there’s a double batch cooling!
I know … beetroot and spinach (or pumpkin and chick peas!) are not ingredients you would normally associate with a chocolate muffin – but trust me, it works!
My tribe wolf them down and have no idea of the goodies hiding inside – yay! They are a standard lunchbox favourite – I even use this recipe to make the base of our birthday cakes now and everyone digs in!
See below the recipe for the coeliac friendly option and some different veggie variations
- 1 large cooked beetroot (approx 225g)*
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 40g cocoa/30g cacao powder
- 70ml tasteless oil (rice bran oil, melted vegan butter & coconut oil work well) OR 70g sunflower seed butter
- 150ml oat/rice/soy/almond milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 90g maple syrup OR coconut sugar
- 280g spelt flour (half wholemeal)
- 2.5 tsp GF baking powder
- 6 tbsp aquafaba OR 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp…
View original post 251 more words