This is a super-easy idea that I pinched from my Mum. Sadly the kids don’t enjoy it much but Peter and I have loved it … and its left overs for multiple days afterwards!
- 2 tbsp Mexican seasoning.
- Steak of choice approx 100g per person (We used a thick scotch fillet)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered (or 2 whole tomatoes)
- 1/2 large cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 tin corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tine kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium stalk celery, chopped
- lime juice
- fresh coriander.
Rub the seasoning into the steak on both sides, then either bbq or pan fry to your taste.
While the steak is cooking, mix together all the salad ingredients.
Allow the steak rest for a few minutes before carving in to strips and serving on top of the salad.
This quantity of salad was enough for about 4 adult serves.
Such a quick and fresh summer meal. Enjoy!