These yummy cookies are a cross between my regular Choc Chip Cookies and my Date, Chick Pea and Sunflower seed butter cookies.
I love that they look like a regular choc chip cookie but have some hidden extra goodness.
- 40g Nuttelex or other vegan butter
- 80g Sunflower Seed butter (or nut butter if your diet allows)
- 120g chic peas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar OR Maple Syrup
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour (OR 1 1/2 cups GF flour plus 1/4 cup almond meal)
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 tbsp aquafaba (the liquid drained from a can of chick peas)
- 1/3 cup choc chip/chopped chocolate of choice
Place the Nuttelex, seed butter, chic peas, sugar and vanilla into your processor and process until smooth (Speed 4, 15 seconds, scrape down and repeat).
Add in the aquafaba and baking powder and pulse a few times to combine.
Add in the flour and process until it forms a stiff dough (Speed 4 in 10 second intervals).
Add in choc chips and mix until combined.
Roll teaspoons of mix into balls and place on a lines tray. Press down with the back of a fork. Try to stop your little helper eating all of the raw dough 😉
Place in to a preheated moderate oven and bake for about 12 minutes.
Allow to cool on the tray.
Makes about 20 – store in an airtight container for a week.