This yummy quick bread is a major hit with all 4 of my little guys at the moment.
It is super simple to make, freezes beautifully and is a great, not too sweet, treat for lunchboxes.
- 200g soy/coconut/dairy yoghurt
- 2 tbsp aquafaba (liquid drained from a can of chick peas) OR 1 whole egg if your diet allows
- 2 tbsp honey/maple syrup
- 1 large overripe banana
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g Nuttelex/vegan butter/light tasting oil, melted
- 1.5 tsp GF baking powder
- 1.5 cup wholemeal spelt flour (OR 1.25 cups GF flour mix plus 1/4 cup seed/almond meal mix)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 squares dark chocolate (optional)
Place all dry items, except the chocolate, together in your food processor (or just a bowl with a whisk) and process until well combined. (Speed 4, 8 seconds).
Grate or finely chop the chocolate into the mix and process again until combined (Speed 4, 5 seconds).
Set aside the dry mix.
In your processor/blender/nutribullet/thermal cooker, place the melted butter/oil, aquafaba, honey, vinegar and banana and process until well combined and smooth (Speed 5, 10 seconds).
Pour wet mix into the dry mix and fold through until combined (Use speed 3, 10 seconds, scrape down and repeat)
Pour into lined loaf tin and bake in a preheated moderate oven for about 45 minutes or until golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Leave to cool in tin for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Freezes and defrosts well.