Fruit based desserts are my favourite!
I love chocolate and sweets as much as the next person but there is something about the amazing natural sweetness and huge variety in fruit which makes it such a delight… And when you can pick the fruit from your own backyard it is so much the sweeter!
We picked our first backyard mango for the season a couple of days ago and I wanted to do somethinga little special with it. I guess this is like a faster, deconstructed version (MasterChef come at me 🤣) of my favourite apple and berry crumble
- 2 tsp vegan butter melted/light tasting oil
- 1/3 cup rolled oats OR shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup puffed rice OR GF rice bubbles
- 1/3 cup almond meal OR plain flour of choice
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp extra coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup mixed pumpkin and hemp seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon/mixed spice
- 2 large fresh mango cheeks
- Yoghurt of choice (dairy and coconut both work well with the flavours)
Mix together all dry ingredients and stir through melted butter until well combined.
Tip into a medium hot frying pan, and toast, stirring regularly, until golden brown and crunchy. Then remove from the heat.
‘hedhehog’ your mango cheeks by scoring deeply in a grid pattern, down to the skin, but not through.
Hold the edges of the mango and push up in the middle to pop up the squares.
Sprinkle each with 1/4tsp of coconut sugar.
Place mango under a hot grill. Watch it carefully! Allow the sugar to melt and start to caramelize. This only takes a few minutes.
Remove from oven, top with crumble mix and serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt.
2 thoughts on “Grilled Mango Crumble”
Great post 😁
I love mango! This looks delicious!